Young Investigators: The Project Approach in the Early Years, 2nd Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.47
as of 1/30/2015 00:43 EST details
- You Save: $10.48 (39%)
- Sales Rank:72,302
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 8.3 x 10.5
- Publication Date:November 21, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
''Everything you could possibly need to start a project is covered in this book, so start investigating!'' -- Association for Childhood Education International
This bestselling book has been completely updated and expanded to help teachers use the project approach in child care centers, in preschools, and in kindergarten, 1st grade, and early childhood special education classrooms. For those new to using projects, the book introduces the approach and provides step-by-step guidance for conducting meaningful projects. Experienced teachers will find the teacher interviews, children's work, photographs (including full color), and teacher journal entries used to document the project process in actual classrooms very useful.
This popular, easy-to-use resource has been expanded to include these new features:
* explicit instructions and examples for incorporating standards into the topic selection and planning process;
* a variety of nature experiences, with examples that show how project work is an excellent way to connect children to the natural world;
* an update of the use of technology for both documentation and investigations, including use of the Web as well as and video and digital cameras; * and more toddler projects that reflect our increased knowledge from recent mind/brain research about toddler understanding and learning.
A study guide for pre- and in-service teachers is available at the Teachers College Press website.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.