Jocks and Burnouts: Social Categories and Identity in the High School
- List Price:
- Buy New: $15.00
as of 11/26/2014 06:14 EST details
- You Save: $9.95 (40%)
- Sales Rank:673,095
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 0.6
- Publication Date:August 1, 1989
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This ethnographic study of adolescent social structure in a Michigan high school shows how the school's institutional environment fosters the formation of opposed class cultures in the student population, which in turn serve as a social tracking system.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.