Family Policy Matters: How Policymaking Affects Families and What Professionals Can Do, Second Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $44.00
as of 7/30/2014 17:25 EDT details
- You Save: $11.95 (21%)
- Sales Rank:632,716
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.1 x 0.8
- Publication Date:August 27, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Drawing on hundreds of studies in the last 20 years, the new edition of Family Policy Matters brings a fresh perspective to family policy, underscoring why it is needed, and outlining how policymaking should be approached.
Author Karen Bogenschneider proposes a theoretical framework for conceptualizing policy issues in a way that holds the potential for overcoming controversy and identifying common ground.
New to this edition:
- A 373-page Instructor's Manual includes syllabi, assignments, readings, discussion questions, and instructor insights. The manual features 29 daily lesson plans for undergraduate courses, 15 daily lesson plans for graduate courses, 26 classroom activities, and 5 PowerPoint presentations. For instructors who adopt the text, the manual can be accessed electronically at www.familyimpactseminars.org/index.asp?p=2&page=tfp_instmanual .
- Issues that have changed the political landscape for families (e.g. strengthening marriage initiative, same-sex marriage).
- An updated section on state statutes or Governor's orders that require family impact analysis.
- Chapter on the history of family policy in this century.
- Appendix on how to conduct a family impact analysis.
- Two case studies on writing family policy newsletters for state policymakers and teaching family impact analysis to the general public.
The targeted audience includes researchers interested in seeing their research and ideas acted upon in the policy world, family professionals who work to connect research and policymaking and instructors interested in making family policy come alive for undergraduate and graduate students. This book is an ideal textbook for family policy courses.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.