Hipster Christianity: When Church and Cool Collide
- List Price:
- Buy New: $2.00
as of 8/29/2014 04:42 EDT details
- You Save: $14.00 (88%)
- Sales Rank:179,212
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):8.3 x 5.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:August 1, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780801072222
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Insider twenty-something Christian journalist Brett McCracken has grown up in the evangelical Christian subculture and observed the recent shift away from the "stained glass and steeples" old guard of traditional Christianity to a more unorthodox, stylized 21stcentury church. This change raises a big issue for the church in our postmodern world: the question of cool. The question is whether or not Christianity can be, should be, or is, in fact, cool. This probing book is about an emerging category of Christians McCracken calls "Christian hipsters"the unlikely fusion of the American obsessions with worldly "cool" and otherworldly religion an analysis of what they're about, why they exist, and what it all means for Christianity and the church's relevancy and hipness in today's youth oriented culture.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.