For the Beauty of the Church: Casting a Vision for the Arts
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.90
as of 3/17/2014 06:47 EDT details
- You Save: $8.09 (51%)
- Sales Rank:196,172
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.6 x 0.5
- Publication Date:March 1, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780801071911
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Think of your local church. Without artmusic, song, dance, etc.it would be a much poorer place. But if protestants have any vision for the arts, it tends to be a thin one. This unique book is an attempt to contribute to a robust, expansive vision for the church and the arts. Its specific aim is to show how the many parts of the landscape of church and art hold together. You can think of it as a kind of helicopter flyover, but one with expert pilots. The guides include the likes of Eugene Peterson, Lauren Winner, Jeremy Begbie, Andy Crouch, and John Witvliet, helping to inspire readers and empower pastor leaders with a vision of the church and the arts that is compelling, far seeing, and profoundly transformative.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.