The Inclusive-Language Debate: A Plea for Realism
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.99
as of 10/22/2014 18:01 EDT details
- You Save: $10.01 (50%)
- Sales Rank:1,914,529
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):8.5 x 5.7 x 0.9
- Publication Date:August 1, 1998
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A balanced and thorough look at the use of inclusive language in Bible translation.
Subjects covered in the book include:
1. The Making of a Crisis--Bible Translation and Bible Rage;
2. Conflicting Principles--The Committee on Bible Translation; (CBT) and Colorado Springs Guidelines (CSG) on Inclusive Language;
3. Translation and Treason--An Inevitable and Impossible Task;
4. Gender and Sex around the World--a Translator's Nightmare;
5. A Brief Evaluation of the CBT and Colorado Springs (CS) Principles;
6. Some Old Testament Passages;
7. Some New Testament Passages;
8. Some Crucial Passages with Important Doctrinal Issues at Stake;
9. But is the English Language Changing?; and
10. Pastoral Considerations--How to Avoid Bible Rage.
Includes notes, a general index, and a scripture index.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.