Auditory Evoked Potentials: Basic Principles and Clinical Application (Point (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins))
- List Price:
- Buy New: $131.70
as of 5/19/2013 23:43 EDT details
- You Save: $28.29 (18%)
- Sales Rank:422,761
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.3
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.7 x 1.2
- Publication Date:October 27, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Auditory Evoked Potentials: Basic Principles and Clinical Application features a team of expert authors who collectively offer the clinical and scientific experience needed for a comprehensive presentation of the state of the art in the field. This book reviews the nature of electrical fields that generate surface recorded potentials and summarizes the imaging modalities that complement evoked potential studies. Detailed reviews of acoustics and instrumentation provide the novice with an accurate technical overview. Chapters are dedicated to reviews of the anatomy and physiology of the auditory periphery, brainstem, and cortex; others describe the various classes of auditory evoked potentials, myogenic responses, and visual, somatosensory, and vestibular evoked potentials.
Highlights and Features—
- A chapter of laboratory exercises offers the student hands-on experiences that transform the academic lessons of the didactic chapters into laboratory and clinical competencies.
- Detailed reviews of auditory and non-auditory evoked potentials are complemented by chapters designed to highlight clinical applications.
- Case studies illuminate the complexities of clinical decision making.
- Eight-page, full-color insert includes 3D images that arise from multi-channel evoked potential studies and functional imaging modalities.
- Myth/Reality boxes shed light on misunderstood and sometimes contentious issues.
- Chapters on myogenic, somatosensory, visual, and vestibular evoked potentials provide the basic information needed for the clinical electrophysiologist who performs multimodality evoked potential services.
- Key terms introduce the vocabulary needed to understand the central concepts of each chapter.
- Executive summary concludes each chapter with a review of main points to remember.
From theory to basic science to clinical applications, this book is truly a comprehensive treatise on auditory evoked potentials.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.