CliffsNotes on Austen's Pride and Prejudice (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $1.99
as of 12/12/2013 17:30 EST details
- You Save: $4.00 (67%)
- Sales Rank:317,689
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):0.4 x 5.2 x 8
- Publication Date:May 30, 2000
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in the series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's most popular and well-known work, you'll meet Elizabeth Bennet and her sisters as they navigate the social milieu of provincial 18th-century England. In addition to easy travels through all of the novel's ironic plot twists, you'll get detailed plot summaries and chapter-by-chapter commentaries to show you how Austen's belief in rationalism triumphs in the union of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. You'll also discover
- Life and background of the author, Jane Austen
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays about women's roles in 19th-century Britain and money
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center with books, Web sites, and films for further study
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.