In the CliffsComplete guides, the novel's complete
text and a glossary appear side-by-side with coordinating numbered lines to help you understand unusual words and phrasing. You'll also find all the commentary and resources of a standard CliffsNotes for Literature.
CliffsComplete The Merchant of Venice offers insight and information into a work that's rich both dramatically and thematically. Every generation since Shakespeare's time has been able to identify with some thematic aspect of the play.
Discover what happens to a young merchant who cannot repay a debt to a vindictive money lender; meet the menacing Shylock, one of the most vivid and memorable characters in Shakespeare's works — and save valuable studying time — all at once. Enhance your reading of The Merchant of Venice with these additional features:
- A summary and insightful commentary for each act
- Bibliography and historical background on the author, William Shakespeare
- A look at Early Modern English intellect, religion, politics, and society
- Coverage of Shakespeare's source and the play's performance history
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Review questions, a quiz, discussion guide, and activity ideas
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Web sites
Streamline your literature study with all-in-one help from CliffsComplete guides!