CliffsComplete King Lear
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.98
as of 9/1/2014 16:12 EDT details
- You Save: $6.01 (40%)
- Seller:FMB PERIODICALS
- Sales Rank:54,223
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 7.2 x 9.3
- Publication Date:May 8, 2000
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
In the CliffsComplete guides, the play's complete
text and a glossary appear side-by-side with coordinating numbered lines to help you understand unusual words and phrasing. You'll also find all the commentary and resources of a standard CliffsNotes for Literature.
In this tragic play, Lear, a ruler in pre-Christian Britain, is described as a "very foolish old man." Grossly misjudging his daughters, he endures a harrowing experience and emerges as a man "more sinned against than sinning." This most tragic of Shakespearean plays speaks to us repeatedly about fate and chance, destiny and the gods. But we also are reminded that humanity has free will — and King Lear's choices lead to madness.
Enhance your reading of King Lear and save valuable studying time — all at once — with CliffsComplete King Lear. Studying is easier with features that include
- Shakespeare's original play
- Notes and definitions that appear directly opposite the line in which they occur
- A summary and insightful commentary for each scene
- Bibliography and historical background on the playwright, William Shakespeare
- A look at the historical context and structure of the play
- Discussions on the play's symbols and themes
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Review questions, a quiz, discussion topics (essay questions), activity ideas
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Streamline your literature study with all-in-one help from CliffsComplete guides!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.