Engineering Materials 1, Third Edition: An Introduction to Properties, Applications and Design (v. 1)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.00
as of 5/24/2013 14:09 EDT details
- Seller:Materials Book
- Sales Rank:479,856
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2
- Dimensions (in):7.4 x 0.8 x 9.7
- Publication Date:March 28, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Widely adopted around the world, this is a core materials science and mechanical engineering text. EM1 gives a broad introduction to the properties of materials used in engineering applications. It provides a complete course in engineering materials for students with no previous background in the subject. Ashby and Jones have an established, successful track record in developing understanding of the properties of materials and how they perform in reality.
Features New to this Edition
. Online resources: Fully worked solutions manual; Image bank; Materials Science Tutorials for class, workshop or homework use
. Number of examples and exercises for class and homework use trebled
New chapters: Case Studies in Fast Fracture; Probabilistic Fracture of Brittle Materials; Fatigue Design; Case Studies in Fatigue; Design with Materials
Detailed new sections on: Sustainability of materials and environmental impact; Hall-Petch Equation; Fractography; Diffusion Distances; Corrosion; Design emphasis and coverage of non-metallic materials (ceramics, polymers, foams, composites) expanded throughout.
* One of the best-selling materials properties texts; well known, well established and well liked
* New student friendly format, with enhanced pedagogy including many more case studies, worked examples, student questions, full instructor's manual and online tutorial material for adopting tutors
* World-renowned author team
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.