Shakespeare Set Free: Teaching Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth & Midsummer Night (Folger Shakespeare Library)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.92
as of 7/25/2014 20:11 EDT details
- You Save: $10.07 (53%)
- Seller:D&L One Stop
- Sales Rank:51,226
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.4 x 0.7
- Publication Date:August 1, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Folger Shakespeare Library is one of the world’s leading centers for scholarship, learning, and culture. The Folger is dedicated to advancing knowledge and increasing understanding of Shakespeare and the early modern period; it is home to the world’s largest Shakespeare collection and one of the leading collections of books and materials of the entire early modern period (1500–1750). Combining a worldclass research library and scholarly programs; leadership in curriculum, training, and publishing for K–12 education; and award-winning performing arts, exhibitions, and lectures, the Folger is Shakespeare’s home in America.
This volume of the Shakespeare Set Free series is written by institute faculty and participants, and includes the latest developments in recent scholarship. It bristles with the energy created by teaching and learning Shakespeare from the text and through active performance, and reflects the experience, wisdom, and wit of real classroom teachers in schools and colleges throughout the United States.
In this book, you’ll find the following:
· Clearly written essays by leading scholars to refresh teachers and challenge older students
· Michael Tolaydo’s brilliant and accessible technique for classroom teaching through performance
· Day-by-day teaching strategies that successfully and energetically immerse students of every grade and skill level in the language and in the plays themselves – created, taught, and written by real teachers
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.