Evidence Under the Rules, Seventh Edition (Aspen Casebook Series)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $71.12
as of 7/13/2014 10:26 EDT details
- You Save: $144.88 (67%)
- Sales Rank:51,897
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4
- Dimensions (in):1.6 x 7.5 x 10
- Publication Date:July 11, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Highly successful, problem-based coursebook for the basic evidence course, currently adopted at over 100 law schools. Features:
New to the Seventh Edition:
- Clear organization structured around the Federal Rules of Evidence. The basics of evidence are covered clearly and succinctly in an understandable framework
- Combines textual explanations, numerous problems, and carefully edited cases in an accessible coursebook.
- Problems are engaging and effectively teach the intricacies of the Federal Rules of Evidence.
- Case excerpting skillfully employed to include only the portions of a case relevant to the evidentiary rule being reviewed.
- The book's organization is very flexible--professors can easily restructure the material to fit the organization of their course.
- Respected and well-known author team.
- This book is currently adopted at over 100 law schools
- Adopting professors get a new, expanded DVD of movie excerpts illustrating key evidence points
- Comes with a PowerPoint package that includes the Restyled Rules, which become effective December 1, 2011
- Material on the new FRE 502 and a problem based on it.
- Discussion of the new amendment to FRE 804(b)(3).
- Supreme Court's 2011 decision on the Confrontation Clause in Michigan v. Bryant, which expands the Davis "emergency" exception
- Supreme Court's earlier decisions in Melendez-Diaz (2009) and Giles (2007), now moved from annual supplements to the main volume
- Updated references to the Restyled Rules, in which all quotations in the text use language that is common to both the Restyled Rules and the prior federal version (which remain in force in many Rules states)
- Coverage of new Rule 502 on waiver of Attorney-Client privilege and work product protection, with a new Problem 12-F (The Disclosure Was Inadvertent), providing an application the new Rule
- Replacement Problem 2-I (Raid on the Cedar Woods Apartment) illustrating the workings of FRE 104 on judge-jury responsibility
- New Problem 5-J ("I Didn't Know They Were Stolen") illustrating the Huddleston approach to applying Rule 404(b)
- A new decision illustrating the issue of authenticating recordings (the Oslund case in Chapter 13)
- Many adjustments that are responsive to extensive comments collected by the publisher and conveyed to the authors, entered in this edition in an effort to make things clearer or more complete, and sometimes shorter
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN EVIDENCE? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: EVIDENCE 4E (9780735584792) AND EVIDENCE 4E HARDCOVER (9780735579682) --TWO OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.