As a nursing student you learn lots of nursing theory and research - but how do you translate this into practice and apply it to the skills you need? Where do you start? What steps should be carried out and in what order? What should you do afterwards?
Essential Nursing Skills answers these questions for over 130 clinical skills. Each one is explained from start to finish, using a step-by-step approach, with clear illustrations and colour photographs to enhance understanding.
Small enough to carry with you and specifically designed and written to aid learning, this book is invaluable for nurses across all fields.
. Attractive design - easy to use
. Skills explained step by step
. Comprehensive list of skills covers all that students will encounter in practice
. Points for Practice
sections encourage readers to reflect and learn
. Further reading and references point to the evidence and knowledge base for each skill
- Full-colour photographs illustrate many of the procedures
- Full colour is used throughout to help navigate procedures
- Section listing normal values of commonly used blood tests
- Skills to assess deteriorating patients and care for patients undergoing surgery
- Reflects changes in nursing and professional national guidelines.
Essential skills series