Walt Whitman: Selected Poems (American Poets Project)
- Buy New: $5.89
as of 8/28/2014 08:36 EDT details
- Seller:West Falls Bookseller
- Sales Rank:3,003,328
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):8.4 x 5.4 x 0.9
- Publication Date:2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780681741942
- Condition: Used - Like New
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
This collection brings together Whitman's greatest and most famous poems spanning the whole of his career. From the ground-breaking first edition of "Leaves of Grass" are seven poems including "Song of Myself" and "I Sing the Body Electric." From later editions there are such masterpieces as "Crossing Brooklyn Ferry," "Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking," and "I Hear America Singing." Also included is Whitman's great cycle of Civil War poems,"Drum-Taps," which he wrote in the months when he was ministering to the wounded in battlefield hospitals. Concluding this collection is one of his last poems, "Good-bye My Fancy!"-his touching farewell to his muse, his life, and his readers.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.