Tastes of Paradise: A Social History of Spices, Stimulants, and Intoxicants
- List Price:
- Buy New: $6.94
as of 9/15/2014 23:37 EDT details
- You Save: $9.06 (57%)
- Seller:Swineharts Emporium
- Sales Rank:49,907
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.1 x 5.2 x 0.5
- Publication Date:June 29, 1993
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
From the extravagant use of pepper in the Middle Ages to the Protestant bourgeoisie's love of coffee to the reason why fashionable Europeans stopped sniffing tobacco and starting smoking it, Schivelbusch looks at how the appetite for pleasure transformed the social structure of the Old World. Illustrations.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.