- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.60
as of 9/22/2014 14:33 EDT details
- You Save: $4.90 (23%)
- Seller:TOTAL BOOKS
- Sales Rank:56,639
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):8.2 x 5.5 x 0.5
- Publication Date:March 1, 2000
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Vivian Paley presents a moving personal account of her experiences teaching kindergarten in an integrated school within a predominantly white, middle-class neighborhood. In a new preface, she reflects on the way that even simple terminology can convey unintended meanings and show a speaker's blind spots. She also vividly describes what her readers have taught her over the years about herself as a "white teacher."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.