Singing the Lord's Song in a New Land: Korean American Practices of Faith
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.00
as of 1/26/2015 20:16 EST details
- You Save: $11.00 (50%)
- Seller:The Thoughtful Bookshop
- Sales Rank:121,502
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):5.5 x 0.3 x 8.5
- Publication Date:April 19, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780664228781
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Singing the Lord's Song in a New Land is one of the first books to address ministry in Korean American contexts and the first from the highly regarded Valparaiso Project to explore how faith practices work differently in a racial ethnic community. The groundbreaking work identifies eight key practices of the Korean American culture: keeping the Sabbath, singing, fervent prayer, resourcing the life cycle, bearing wisdom, living as an oppressed minority, fasting, and nurturing.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.