- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.60
as of 3/10/2014 16:07 EDT details
- You Save: $10.40 (65%)
- Sales Rank:1,208,685
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:First Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):7.3 x 5.5 x 0.8
- Publication Date:August 27, 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Mexican American immigrant experience by a boy who grew up to be a college professor, Francisco Jiminez, signed first edition
At the age of fourteen, Francisco Jiménez, together with his older brother Roberto and his mother, are caught by la migra. Forced to leave their home in California, the entire family travels all night for twenty hours by bus, arriving at the U.S. and Mexican border in Nogales, Arizona. In the months and years that follow during the late 1950s-early 1960s, Francisco, his mother and father, and his seven brothers and sister not only struggle to keep their family together, but also face crushing poverty, long hours of labor, and blatant prejudice. How they sustain their hope, their good-heartedness, and tenacity is revealed in this moving, Pura Belpré Honor-winning sequel to The Circuit. Without bitterness or sentimentality, Francisco Jiménez finishes telling the story of his youth.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.