Ten Plays by Euripides
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.14
as of 8/20/2014 23:09 EDT details
- You Save: $3.81 (48%)
- Sales Rank:19,752
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Mass Market Paperback
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):0.8 x 4.1 x 6.7
- Publication Date:February 1, 1984
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
The first playwright of democracy, Euripides wrote with enduring insight and biting satire about social and political problems of Athenian life. In contrast to his contemporaries, he brought an exciting--and, to the Greeks, a stunning--realism to the "pure and noble form" of tragedy. For the first time in history, heroes and heroines on the stage were not idealized: as Sophocles himself said, Euripides shows people not as they ought to be, but as they actually are.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.