- List Price:
- Buy New: $112.25
as of 5/20/2013 00:06 EDT details
- You Save: $180.70 (62%)
- Sales Rank:3,313
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):6.1
- Dimensions (in):10.6 x 8.6 x 2
- Publication Date:January 16, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Larson CALCULUS program has a long history of innovation in the calculus market. It has been widely praised by a generation of students and professors for its solid and effective pedagogy that addresses the needs of a broad range of teaching and learning styles and environments. Each title is just one component in a comprehensive calculus course program that carefully integrates and coordinates print, media, and technology products for successful teaching and learning.
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- Capstone exercise: The Capstone is a new type of exercise that appears in every section. The exercise synthesizes the main concepts of the section and presents them in one exercise. They often contain computational and non-computational parts. These exercises are excellent to work through in class to present a topic for the first time or in class homework review. The Instructor's Resource Guide offers teaching tips on how one might use the Capstone Exercises in class.
- Larson Join In Clicker can be found on the Instructor Companion Website.
- Revised exercises based on actual usage. New exercises abound in the ninth edition of Calculus. Based on analyses of actual student usage data, the exercise sets have been overhauled to improve user understanding. Many exercises were added, some were revised, and some were removed. The results are exercise sets that effectively address user learning needs.
- Second Order Differential Equations: Added as a new chapter to the multivariable standalone portion of the book and available online, this new chapter delves into second order differential equations. This will greatly help engineering and math majors.
- Graded Homework Exercises: Online homework and tests are evaluated using powerful Maple software to ensure mathematical accuracy. Instructors control point values, weighting grades, and whether or not an item is graded. An electronic gradebook helps instructors manage course information easily and can be exported to other files, such as Excel.
- CAS Investigation: Many examples throughout the book are accompanied by CAS Investigations. These are collaborative investigations using a computer algebra system (e.g., Maple) to further explore the related example. CAS Investigations are located online and in the Multimedia eBook.
Explore this title's supplements:
Notetaking Guide for Larson and Edwards's Calculus (Ninth Edition)
Student Solutions Manual, Volume 1 for Larson and Edwards's Calculus (Ninth Edition)
Student Solutions Manual, Volume 2 for Larson and Edwards's Calculus (Ninth Edition)
Further reference for this edition:
Download the Transition Guide for Larson and Edwards's Calculus (Ninth Edition)
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.