Understanding Food: Principles and Preparation
- List Price:
- Buy New: $135.89
as of 12/21/2013 20:23 EST details
- You Save: $127.06 (48%)
- Sales Rank:127,315
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.8
- Dimensions (in):1.2 x 8.7 x 10.8
- Publication Date:June 1, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Model:4th Edition Hardcover
- This text uniquely integrates nutrition, dietetics, food industry, and food service topics, giving students a full overview of the different dimensions of food principles. The food-specific chapters are organized to follow a typical syllabus centered on the major food groups.
- Chapter 29: Food Careers showcases the variety of career options students have in the food industry. Highlights include careers associated with food service management, food science, and nutrition.
- "Professional Profiles" sections also introduce students to careers in the food and nutrition fields. These profiles include interviews from real people in the field, sharing their work experiences.
- "Nutrient Content" sections supply specific data on the nutritional content of different foods.
- "Problems and Their Causes" tables identify common food preparation errors and explain how to avoid them.
UNDERSTANDING FOOD: PRINCIPLES AND PREPARATION is your introductory guide to learning about foods, food preparation, food service, and food science. Integrating these key topics with relevant information about nutrition and the food industry, the fourth edition gives you a thorough overview of the different dimensions of food principles--and insight into the variety of career options available in the food industry. Numerous photographs and illustrations help you understand and apply what you read.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.