Business & Professional Ethics
- List Price:
- Buy New: $66.99
as of 12/13/2013 01:55 EST details
- You Save: $81.96 (55%)
- Sales Rank:147,009
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.8
- Dimensions (in):1.1 x 7.8 x 9.8
- Publication Date:August 2, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The Sixth Edition includes two chapters: "Philosophers' Contributions to Ethical Behavior" includes full integration of international (IFAC) ethical standards to which the world is harmonizing, and enhanced treatment of corporate social responsibility. A section on fraud and white-collar crime includes crime motivations and an analysis of a real case. "The Subprime Lending Fiasco" discusses the ethics and governance aspects of the recent subprime mortgage lending debacle.
- NEW or expanded coverage also includes the globalization of business and professional ethics, Enron updates, modifications and improvements to practical decision-making approaches, examples of philosophical and practical decision-making approaches, ethical corporate cultures, alternative governance theories, and more.
- The text features more than 80 cases including illustrative applications. Giving students hands-on experience with real-world issues, cases cover subprime lending, adult entertainment and cell phones, limits to exploitive and risqué advertising, bankruptcy ethics, hazardous products, iPhone and disappointed customers, terrorist payments, non-business crime disclosures, staff perks, tax issues, the practice of spying on HP directors, MCI and bad debts, minority controlling shareholders, gifts of publicly traded shares, ethics of re pricing employee stock options, rogue traders, and more.
- At various points in the text, websites are listed to encourage students to research source documents, the SEC, news sources, and more.
- Additional resources are found at login.cengage.com including PowerPoint® slides, the Instructor's Manual, course outlines, suggested Executive MBA and MBA Course Outlines, cases, and the links used in the textbook.
BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL ETHICS FOR DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVES & ACCOUNTANTS, 6E, delivers an insider's look at actual companies in the face of a wide range of ethical dilemmas. By integrating the latest information on ethics and governance scandals, legal liability and professional accounting & audit issues, this text highlights the most recent ethical issues faced in today's business environment. Providing real-world examples of ethical issues in the workplace, this accounting text gives you insight into the development of sound patterns of behavior on the part of directors, executives, and accountants. Current cases and key readings provide an interesting, challenging, and practical learning experience.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.