Cultural Competence: A Primer for Educators
- List Price:
- Buy New: $66.89
as of 12/8/2013 20:03 EST details
- You Save: $26.06 (28%)
- Sales Rank:257,894
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):0.7 x 6.2 x 8.9
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- CULTURAL COMPETENCE: A PRIMER FOR TEACHERS focuses on the development of cultural competence, which entails a combination of awareness and sensitivity, various bodies of knowledge, and a set of skills that underlie effective cross-cultural teaching.
- This text successfully integrates theoretical and practical knowledge in an accessible, meaningful manner, enhanced by interesting anecdotes, personal experiences, and real-world examples.
- The author pays in-depth attention to a number of frequently overlooked critical topics, including bicultural families, isolated students (and teachers) of color, and white culture.
- The final six chapters discuss individual ethnicities (African American, Latino/Latina, Asian American and Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native, Arab and Muslim Americans, and European American), and include detailed original interviews with multicultural educators such as William Cross, Valerie Ooka Pang, and Christine Sleeter.
- New! A NEW organization divides chapters into three logical parts: Foundations for Becoming Culturally Competent, Becoming Culturally Competent in the Classroom and Community, and Working Competently with All Students.
We all know that an appreciation of diversity is important, but how do you teach that to students? CULTURAL COMPETENCE: A PRIMER FOR EDUCATORS, 2nd Edition, shows you the basics of multicultural education strategies in a short, easy-to-use education textbook. The author also offers insights into the psycho-social dimensions of teaching culturally diverse populations. Thorough yet concise, this is the guide you'll need to ensure that you emphasize the importance of diversity in your classroom.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.