Major Problems in American Colonial History (Major Problems in American History Series)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $70.00
as of 12/20/2013 01:55 EST details
- You Save: $25.95 (27%)
- Sales Rank:373,115
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):0.9 x 6 x 8.7
- Publication Date:December 15, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Including both primary and secondary sources in a single collection provides a rich analytical experience for students. The primary sources give students evidence to explore; the secondary sources expose students to key historical debates. Often the secondary essays refer to one of the primary documents, so students can see how historians integrate evidence in an interpretation.
- Each chapter begins with a brief introduction to its topic, while headnotes that place the readings in historical and interpretive perspective introduce each chapter's primary sources and essays.
- A Further Reading section provides students with a wealth of classic and cutting-edge scholarship that relates to key themes in each chapter.
Designed to encourage critical thinking about history, the MAJOR PROBLEMS IN AMERICAN HISTORY series introduces readers to both primary sources and analytical essays on important topics in American history. The collection of essays and documents in MAJOR PROBLEMS IN AMERICAN COLONIAL HISTORY introduces readers to American colonial history and, in this third edition, presents a radically new vision of the subject in accordance with developments in the way the subject is currently taught. Most importantly, this new edition takes a more continental and thematic approach. Each chapter contains an introduction, headnotes, and suggestions for further reading.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.