Secondary School Literacy Instruction
- List Price:
- Buy New: $20.45
as of 4/17/2014 04:02 EDT details
- You Save: $225.50 (92%)
- Sales Rank:291,787
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Dimensions (in):9.2 x 8 x 0.9
- Publication Date:March 23, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- "Focus on English Language Learners" and "Struggling Readers" features highlight the important applications for students with special needs in separate, easy-to-locate sections in each chapter.
- Chapter 1, "Content Area Literacy in a Changing World," features a section on digital literacy, fluency, gender issues, writing instruction, and the impact of legislation such as the No Child Left Behind Act.
- TeachSource Video Cases, four- to six-minute video modules presenting real classroom scenarios, enable students to observe the day-to-day challenges and rewards of teaching from the convenience of their computers. These videos are enhanced by classroom artifacts, viewing questions, interview transcripts, key terms, and bonus video footage.
- A matrix of content area coverage on the text's endpapers indicates pages on which various content areas are referenced, enhancing the text's relevance to prospective content area secondary teachers. Similarly, for added convenience, a content area marginal icon highlights specific content material (math, science, English, history) as it appears in the text.
Well known for its detailed and practical explanations of reading, writing, and study strategies, SECONDARY SCHOOL LITERACY INSTRUCTION is required reading for all non-literacy teaching majors. Its motivational pedagogy especially appeals to pre-service teachers, who quickly realize that the text will help them improve their students' progress. Two hallmark chapters on content area teaching have brought this text wide acclaim for its unique application of literacy and study skills in all secondary subject areas. The text also is recognized for its proven pedagogy, including "Meeting the Challenge," which puts ideas into classroom practice, and "Focus on English Language Learners" and "Focus on Struggling Readers," which highlight important applications for these special needs learners in easy-to-locate sections in each chapter.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.