Planning Effective Instruction: Diversity Responsive Methods and Management
- List Price:
- Buy New: $50.24
as of 10/20/2014 00:51 EDT details
- You Save: $71.71 (59%)
- Seller:Any Book
- Sales Rank:584,295
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.5
- Dimensions (in):10.7 x 8.4 x 0.7
- Publication Date:February 4, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The authors focus on planning lessons and activities that are designed to meet the needs of the diverse student populations in today's classrooms. They present ways to determine whether to write a lesson or activity plan and what to include in each, helping readers save time when planning.
- Information about connecting lesson objectives to the state standards in both general education and special education helps readers identify content that is important to teach.
- Examples of activity and lesson plans--which serve as models to guide student teachers as they begin to write their own plans--include plans designed for various grade levels, content areas, and group sizes.
- The authors explain how to build universal design features and critical teaching skills into the initial stages of planning a lesson or activity in order to decrease the need to add on accommodations for individuals. They also recommend ways to include effective teaching and management strategies for diverse student populations into the planning process.
- The four-part framework begins with a "what to teach" section, which emphasizes how to think carefully about content and outcomes before planning how to teach. The "how to teach" section focuses on universal interventions (i.e., strategies that benefit all students). To ensure that students are prepared for potential obstacles that might derail an otherwise well-planned lesson or activity, coverage of classroom and behavior management is included in the third part, which covers the context for teaching and learning. The fourth part offers guidelines for writing plans.
PLANNING EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTION: DIVERSITY RESPONSIVE METHODS AND MANAGEMENT, Fourth Edition, fully equips readers to teach in ways that meet the needs of all students in today's diverse classroom. The four-part organization corresponds with a new framework for diversity responsive teaching that helps focus planning for diversity. Represented by a visual organizer, this framework helps readers see that what they teach, how they teach, and the context for teaching interact to bring about the success of all students.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.