A First Course in the Finite Element Method
- List Price:
- Buy New: $144.98
as of 7/24/2014 04:38 EDT details
- You Save: $54.97 (27%)
- Sales Rank:215,028
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.5
- Dimensions (in):1.7 x 7.6 x 9.2
- Publication Date:January 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Written as a basic learning tool for students in civil and mechanical engineering, the text does not presume an extensive background in structural analysis.
- Topics progress from basic to advanced, making the text suitable for a one or two-course sequence.
- Mathematics is presented in a simple and straightforward manner making this text accessible and easily understood.
- Each chapter is structured in a similar format. General principles are presented for each topic, followed by traditional applications of these principles, which are in turn followed by computer applications where relevant.
- The principle of minimum potential energy and Galerkin's residual method are introduced at various stages as required to develop the equations needed for analysis.
A FIRST COURSE IN THE FINITE ELEMENT METHOD provides a simple, basic approach to the course material that can be understood by both undergraduate and graduate students without the usual prerequisites (i.e. structural analysis). The book is written primarily as a basic learning tool for the undergraduate student in civil and mechanical engineering whose main interest is in stress analysis and heat transfer. The text is geared toward those who want to apply the finite element method as a tool to solve practical physical problems.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.