Interpersonal Process in Therapy: An Integrative Model
- List Price:
- Buy New: $118.00
as of 3/15/2014 02:44 EDT details
- You Save: $63.95 (35%)
- Sales Rank:67,161
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):9.2 x 6.4 x 0.9
- Publication Date:June 17, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The book specific intervention guidelines for leveraging the therapist-client relationship to effect change to help alleviate beginning therapists' concerns about making mistakes.
- Students will find programmatic guidelines for writing case conceptualizations/treatment plans and process notes within the interpersonal process framework.
- Contemporary case studies develop multicultural awareness and continually demonstrate how cultural context influences case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- The book offers in-depth coverage of the role of attachment throughout the lifespan and attachment-related affects (such as shame) in clients' presentation of symptoms and problems.
Therapy that effects change must authentically involve you, the therapist. Highly engaging and readable, INTERPERSONAL PROCESS IN THERAPY: AN INTEGRATIVE MODEL brings together cognitive-behavioral, family systems, and psychodynamic theories into one cohesive framework, all the while showing you practical ways to alleviate your concerns about making a "mistake". Newly revised and edited, this contemporary text features new case examples, updated references and research, clinical vignettes, and sample therapist-client dialogues, helping to bring you "in the room" with the therapist, and illustrating the interpersonal process in a clinically authentic and compelling way. This book enables you to be who you need to be in a therapeutic situation: yourself. Both scholarly and easy to use, this counseling text will be a resource you'll use again and again.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.