Theories for Direct Social Work Practice (SW 390N 2-Theories of Social Work Practice)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $66.00
as of 1/25/2015 14:17 EST details
- You Save: $68.95 (51%)
- Seller:Premier Books USA
- Sales Rank:31,211
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6.4 x 0.7
- Publication Date:February 23, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Walsh's concise, comprehensive text covers eleven major clinical practice theories that social workers commonly use in their assessment, planning, and intervention tasks with individuals, families, and groups. The book offers you a broad view of the field of practice, while still providing a close-up view of each theory discussed.
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- All chapters offer updated "evidence of effectiveness."
- Walsh has increased the text's critical review of postmodernism and social constructivism.
- This edition includes new sections on such important topics as social justice, suicide assessment and intervention, trauma, and de-briefing.
- New and updated references to important literature appear throughout the text.
- Each chapter follows a format that makes comparing theories and applications easier for the user.
- Not only does the text introduce users to the origins, conceptual foundations, intervention goals, intervention strategies, and case illustrations of each theory, it also takes into consideration important topics such as the client's spirituality, criticisms of the theory, and evidence of effectiveness and utility.
- To facilitate individual and group learning, each chapter includes questions for discussion and class activities.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.