Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use: A Standards-Based Approach
- List Price:
- Buy New: $30.00
as of 8/22/2014 07:47 EDT details
- You Save: $150.95 (83%)
- Seller:Murat Kurucay
- Sales Rank:92,281
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.3
- Dimensions (in):10.7 x 8.4 x 0.9
- Publication Date:January 27, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- A key goal of the text is to develop self-directed learners in the area of educational technology-a goal that reflects two ISTE standards. Pre-teachers are encouraged to continually evaluate and reflect on professional practice to make informed decisions regarding the use of technology in support of student learning. They are also encouraged to use technology resources in ongoing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Extremely practical and forward thinking, TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION WITH MEANINGFUL CLASSROOM USE focuses on the enduring aspects of educational technology like computers as systems and technology integration as a systematic process-instead of specific hardware or software that can quickly become obsolete. When teachers have a solid understanding of these constants, they can self-assess what they know about the instructional problem at hand, determine what they need to know, find the resources to solve the problem, and evaluate the validity of these resources.
- TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION FOR MEANINGFUL CLASSROOM USE emphasizes heuristic strategies that experts use to keep their technology skills and knowledge up to date. By following these adaptive strategies, teachers can continually learn about and adjust to the evolution of technology throughout their teaching careers.
- Chapter organization is built around the ISTE standards. No other book is this closely aligned to the national standards for teaching with technology. The first part of the text covers aspects of integrating technology, followed by chapters devoted to specific subject areas including language arts, social studies, foreign language, math, science, PE/health, visual arts, and music.
- Innovative features are integrated throughout. Sample lesson plans illustrate ideas in action. Apply to Practice boxes are self-directed learning activities. Game Plan boxes feature four steps for building knowledge of educational technology-Set Goals, Take Action, Monitor, and Evaluate and Extend. Tools for Use include practical tips for technology integration. Stories from Practice highlight real-life case studies, anecdotes, interviews, and vignettes from teachers using technology in content areas, and portfolio assessments help pre-service teachers document progress toward meeting ISTE standards.
Intended for introductory courses in computer applications for education taken by future teachers. Most often taken by sophomores, juniors or seniors. Many education programs require pre-teachers take this course in preparation for K-12 teaching. The course typically details how to integrate technology resources (especially computers) into everyday teaching practices. National (ISTE) and state standards require teachers demonstrate competencies in specific computer/technology skills. The leaders in this market are Roblyer, INTEGRATING EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTO TEACHING (PH) and Shelly/Cashman/Gunter/Gunter, INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL MEDIA IN THE CLASSROOM (Course Technology/Cengage).
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.