Mechanics of Materials
- Buy New: $19.99
as of 3/10/2014 13:54 EDT details
- Sales Rank:442,105
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.3
- Dimensions (in):10.3 x 8.3 x 1.3
- Publication Date:August 4, 1998
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Completely Revised and Redesigned For Today's Students Since 1960, this leading text has taught thousands of students the fundamentals of non rigid body mechanics. Now, the new author team of Riley, Sturges, and Morris have revised the text to appeal to today's students by updating the illustration program, adding design content, and including more realistic problem sets. The fifth edition is written in a clear and concise style and contains new illustrations throughout each chapter. The text stresses the use of fundamental principles and the concepts of mechanics to solve all problems. As a result, students must apply the information presented in each chapter to answer realistic problems instead of simply using formulas. This problem solving method motivates students to learn the material because they see how it is used in the real world. New Features of the Fifth Edition
* A new introductory chapter containing a "Review of Statics" has been included.
* Chapter 2 is reorganized to conform with the greater use of the stress transformation and principal stress equations in engineering practice.
* Numerous example problems are used to show methods of analysis for typical mechanics of materials problems. Hints have been added to most of these example problems to help students understand the thought process required for their solution.
* Each chapter concludes with a section on design.
* Design Example problems and Design Homework problems have been added to most chapters.
* There are over 1300 homework problems, many of which require the use of the computer for their solution.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.