Nutritional Management of Diabetes Mellitus (Practical Diabetes)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $27.06
as of 3/10/2014 11:52 EDT details
- You Save: $92.89 (77%)
- Seller:AP Trading
- Sales Rank:5,605,809
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):9.4 x 6 x 0.8
- Publication Date:August 29, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Diabetes mellitus is a common disorder where the body is no longer able to regulate blood glucose levels correctly owing to defects in insulin secretion or action. While some people require treatment with insulin, many are able to control their diabetes through management of diet, e.g. by decreasing the fat intake and increasing the amount of fibre.
This book provides an up-to-date review of the dietary management of diabetes looking at general topics, such as the metabolic principles of nutrition, as well as more specific topics, such as nutritional management of diabetic children, pregnant women and the elderly.
- A specialist text on the nutritional management of diabetes
- A practical book, useful in clinical practice
- Written by well respected clinicians within the field
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.