The Permanent Revolution: Apostolic Imagination and Practice for the 21st Century Church
- List Price:
- Buy New: $13.88
as of 4/19/2014 04:01 EDT details
- You Save: $11.07 (44%)
- Sales Rank:115,306
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6.4 x 1.3
- Publication Date:February 28, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A new brand of apostolic ministry for today's world The Permanent Revolution
is a groundbreaking work of theological re-imagination that focuses on the twin issues of ministry and leadership appropriate to our times. The authors draw widely from the areas of biblical studies, theology, organizational theory, leadership studies, and the social sciences, to make a comprehensive case for on the abiding significance of the Ephesians 4 vocations of apostle, prophet, evangelist, shepherd and teacher in the church that Jesus intended. They particularly emphasize the strategic importance of the apostolic role for generating missional movements, facilitating ongoing renewal in the life of the church, stimulating ecclesial innovation, and creating adaptive but highly sustainable organizations.
- Shows how to view leadership and ministry through a biblical perspective and continue "the permanent revolution" that Jesus initiated
- Outlines the essential characteristics of apostolic movements and how to restructure the church and ministry to be more consistent with them
- Alan Hirsch is a leading voice in the missional movement of the Christian West
This seminal book will likely initiate a much needed re-assessment about how we think of, and subsequently do, ministry in 21st Century contexts.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.