The Bee Eater: Michelle Rhee Takes on the Nation's Worst School District
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.01
as of 2/27/2015 07:06 EST details
- You Save: $20.94 (84%)
- Seller:Provident Living Store
- Sales Rank:364,010
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):6.3 x 1 x 9.3
- Publication Date:February 8, 2011
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
The inside story of a maverick reformer with a take-no-prisoners management style
Hailed by Oprah as a "warrior woman for our times," reviled by teachers unions as the enemy, Michelle Rhee, outgoing chancellor of Washington DC public schools, has become the controversial face of school reform. She has appeared on the cover of Time Magazine, and is currently featured as a hero in the documentary "Waiting for Superman." This is the story of her journey from good-girl daughter of Korean immigrants to tough-minded political game-changer. When Rhee first arrived in Washington, she found a school district that had been so broken for so long, that everyone had long since given up. The book provides an inside view of the union battles, the school closings, and contentious community politics that have been the subject of intense public interest and debate ? along with a rare look at Rhee's upbringing and life before DC.
- Rhee has been featured in the documentary "Waiting for Superman"
- Rhee's story points to a fresh way of addressing school improvement
- Addresses fundamental problems in our current education system, and the politics of leadership
The book includes an insert with photos from Rhee's personal and professional life, and an "exit" interview that sheds light on what she's learned and where the future might take her.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.