Principles of Human Anatomy
- Buy New: $102.00
as of 8/1/2014 19:14 EDT details
- Seller:Best Priced Textbooks
- Sales Rank:67,984
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):6.2
- Dimensions (in):12 x 9.7 x 1.4
- Publication Date:December 7, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Principles of Human Anatomy, a market-leading text through its many editions, successfully blends visual and textual elements to illuminate the complexities of human anatomy. The 12th
edition raises the standard for excellence in this discipline with its enhanced illustration program, refined narrative, and the integrated design of dynamic resources like Real Anatomy
into the curriculum. Applications representing a variety of clinical perspectives provide readers with both relevance and motivation, engaging students and providing insights into the vital contributions that anatomical knowledge brings to the understanding of functions, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- An innovative art program of generously sized illustrations – each including a key concept statement and review question – provides a consistent learning environment enabling students to make the connection between text and visual elements.
- A concise narrative, praised by students for its straightforward and easily comprehensible writing style, emphasizes scientific content over extraneous detail.
- Exhibits – specially designed self-contained lessons – provide students with the extra help needed to learn the numerous structures that constitute certain body systems – most notably the skeleton and joints, skeletal muscles, articulations, blood vessels and nerves.
- Continued coverage of scientific research and breakthroughs in understanding the human body maintains the text’s reputation for being on the cutting edge.
New to This EditionChapter Introductions have all been newly designed and written with stunning new imagery, engaging text, and new “I wonder” questions, all setting the stage for student understanding of the relevance of the chapter content to come. Extensive revisions to the illustrations program include new skeletal art, muscle art, blood vessel art, and numerous other figures in every chapter of the text. Most tissue photomicrographs have been replaced with exceptionally clear photomicrographs with high magnification blowouts. The use of cadaver photographs integrated with line drawings is increased with specifically dissected images created by co-author Mark Nielsen. Clinical Connections have been greatly expanded in every chapter to provide students with the most relevant applications of the content that they are studying.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.