Teaching As Leadership: The Highly Effective Teacher's Guide to Closing the Achievement Gap
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.88
as of 12/8/2013 12:17 EST details
- You Save: $18.07 (79%)
- Sales Rank:59,331
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):0.7 x 6.9 x 9.1
- Publication Date:February 2, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A road map for teachers who strive to be highly effective leaders in our nation's classrooms
Teach For America has fought the daunting battle of educational equity for the last twenty years. Based on evidence from classrooms across the country, they've discovered much about effective teaching practice, and distilled these findings into the six principles presented in this book. The Teaching As Leadership framework inspires teachers to: Set Big Goals; Invest Students and Their Families; Plan Purposefully; Execute Effectively; Continuously Increase Effectiveness; Work Relentlessly. The results are better educational outcomes for our nation's children, particularly those who live in low-income communities.
- Inspires educators to be leaders in their classrooms and schools
- Demystifies what it means to be an effective teacher, describes key elements of practice and provides a clear vision of success
- Addresses the challenges every teacher, in every classroom, faces on a daily basis
An accompanying website includes a wealth of tools, videos, sample lessons, discussion boards, and case studies.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.