The Learning Self: Understanding the Potential for Transformation
- List Price:
- Buy New: $26.45
as of 10/20/2014 19:06 EDT details
- You Save: $11.55 (30%)
- Seller:Wordery USA
- Sales Rank:1,494,759
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 6.3 x 0.8
- Publication Date:March 20, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This new book from the award-winning author of Psychology and Adult Learning puts the spotlight on the kind of learning that brings about significant personal change. Tennant explores the techniques, processes, and practices educators can use to promote learning that leads to change and examines assumptions about self and identity, how we are formed, and our capacity for change.
Throughout the book, Tennant posits that individuals can be agents in their own self-formation and change by understanding and acting on the circumstances and forces that surround and shape them. Educators, he argues, must be open to different theoretical ideas and practices while simultaneously valuing these practices and viewing them with a critical eye.
The book aims to:
- promote, among educators and others with an educational dimension to their work, a more critical approach to their learning designs and practices;
- equip individuals with a framework for understanding and being agents of their own self-formation and change.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.