The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy: An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.85
as of 12/13/2013 04:20 EST details
- You Save: $9.10 (48%)
- Sales Rank:10,730
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):0.9 x 6.4 x 8.9
- Publication Date:March 3, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy
has been lauded by the New York Times, Financial Times, and reviewers worldwide. Translated in fourteen languages, Travels
has received numerous awards for its frank and nuanced discussion of global economic realities. Now updated and revised--including a discussions of environmental issue--this fascinating book illustrates crucial lessons in the debate on globalization.
The major themes and conclusions from the first edition are intact, but in response to questions from readers and students around the world, the second edition now includes:
- Updates on the people, businesses, and politics involved in the production of the T-shirt.
- Discussions of environmental issues related to both international trade and the T-shirt's life story.
- A look at the maturing of the anti-globalization movement, and the recent shift in public opinion against internationalism.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.