Geotechnical Laboratory Measurements for Engineers
- List Price:
- Buy New: $74.24
as of 7/28/2014 23:14 EDT details
- You Save: $35.76 (33%)
- Sales Rank:733,597
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.8
- Dimensions (in):10.8 x 8.4 x 0.7
- Publication Date:June 2, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
A comprehensive guide to the most useful geotechnical laboratory measurements
Cost effective, high quality testing of geo-materials is possible if you understand the important factors and work with nature wisely. Geotechnical Laboratory Measurements for Engineers guides geotechnical engineers and students in conducting efficient testing without sacrificing the quality of results.
Useful as both a lab manual for students and as a reference for the practicing geotechnical engineer, the book covers thirty of the most common soil tests, referencing the ASTM standard procedures while helping readers understand what the test is analyzing and how to interpret the results.
- Explanations of both the underlying theory of the tests and the standard testing procedures
- The most commonly-taught laboratory testing methods, plus additional advanced tests
- Unique discussions of electronic transducers and computer controlled tests not commonly covered in similar texts
- A support website at www.wiley.com/college/germaine with blank data sheets you can use in recording the results of your tests as well as Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets containing raw data sets supporting the experiments
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.