Learn how to Create a Cleaner, Greener, Safer Home ? from Christopher Gavigan and the trusted experts at Healthy Child Healthy World.
Healthy Child Healthy World is the essential guide for parents! All parents want a happy and healthy child in a safe home, but where do they start? It starts with the small steps to creating a healthier, less toxic, and more environmentally sound home ? and this is the definitive book to get you there.
Unfortunately, tens of millions of Americans, overwhelmingly children, now face chronic disease and illnesses including cancer, autism, asthma, allergies, birth defects, ADD/ADHD, obesity/diabetes, and learning and developmental disabilities. The number gets higher each year and more parents ask WHY? Scientific evidence increasingly finds chemicals in everyday products like cleaning supplies, beauty care and cosmetics, home furnishings, plastics, food, and even toys that are contributors to these ailments.
The good news is that you can something to protect your children with a few simple changes!
Inside, you?ll find practical, inexpensive, and easy lifestyle advice for every stage of parenting including:
* Advice on preparing a nontoxic nursery for a new baby
* What every expectant mom needs to do to have a safer pregnancy
* Clarifying which plastics and baby products to avoid and the healthier solutions
* Tips to take to the grocery store, including the most and least pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables and the best healthy kid-approved snacks
* Which beauty care / cosmetic products pose the biggest risk to health
* The best recipes for healthy snacks, low-cost and safe homemade cleaners, and non-toxic art supplies
* How to easily minimize allergens, dust, and lead
* A greener garden, yard, and outdoor spaces
* Tips to keep your pets healthy, and the unwanted pests out naturally
* Renovation ideas, naturally fresher indoor air, and safer sleeping options,
* An 27 page extensive shopper?s guide to most trusted and best products every home needs
Inside is also packed with over 40 featured contributions from renowned doctors, environmental scientists, and public-health experts like Dr. Harvey Karp, Dr Philip Landrigan, and William McDonough, as well as many celebrity parents like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tobey Maguire, Sheryl Crow, Erin Brockovich and Tom Hanks. A special featured contribution from First Lady Michelle Obama on her best ways of coping with her daughter?s asthma.