Washington Square (Signet classics)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $0.95
as of 1/26/2015 09:32 EST details
- You Save: $4.00 (81%)
- Seller:BJ's books and collectibles
- Sales Rank:3,889,556
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Mass Market Paperback
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):4.2 x 0.7 x 6.8
- Publication Date:April 1, 1964
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Washington Square is a novel by Henry James, published in 1880 as a serial in Cornhill Magazine. Recounting the conflict between a dull but sweet daughter and her brilliant and domineering father. Based on one of James' close friends. The daughter Catherine Sloper, heiress to a fortune falls for a penniless young man. Unwilling to consent to the marriage regardless of the cost that is has on his daughter. Set before the American Civil War in New York, the novel is one that brings forth the place that people holds in society.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.