Ship of Fools
- Buy New: $24.98
as of 12/29/2014 04:44 EST details
- Sales Rank:3,284,808
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Mass Market Paperback
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):7 x 1 x 5
- Publication Date:September 1, 1963
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Dedication, list of characters, 476 pp.
The story takes place in the summer of 1931, on board a cruise ship bound for Germany. Passengers include a Spanish noblewoman, a drunken German lawyer, an American divorcee, a pair of Mexican Catholic priests. This ship of fools is a crucible of intense experience, out of which everyone emerges forever changed. Rich in incident, passion, and treachery, the novel explores themes of nationalism, cultural and ethnic pride, and basic human frailty that are as relevant today as they were when the book was first published in 1962.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.