Miss New York Has Everything
- List Price:
- Buy New: $1.56
as of 12/19/2014 08:49 EST details
- You Save: $18.43 (92%)
- Sales Rank:1,734,837
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st Printing
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):5.3 x 0.8 x 8
- Publication Date:January 23, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780446695534
- Condition: USED - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Her aunt was a nun who popped pills and did time in Narcotics Anonymous. Her father grew up during the Depression, believed he'd be the next Frank Sinatra, and ended up working in the mills. His daughter, Lori Jakiela, spent her suburban Pittsburgh childhood watching Marlo Thomas in That Girl and dreaming of New York City.Instead, she got bad talent shows, a Junior Miss contest, and college in Erie, PA, where the big attraction was chicken wings. But years later, her Big Apple dreams were still going strong. With her twenties becoming a distant memory, Jakiela answered an airline ad promising a NYC home base, high-flying glamour, and three-day layovers in Paris. The reality was a roach-filled apartment in Queens, a polyester uniform cut like a sack, and a life that wasn't quite what she imagined.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.