The Essential Guide to Herbal Safety, 1e
- List Price:
- Buy New: $68.79
as of 9/16/2014 07:34 EDT details
- You Save: $27.16 (28%)
- Sales Rank:838,319
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3.2
- Dimensions (in):10.2 x 7.1 x 1.2
- Publication Date:January 6, 2005
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
Winner of American Botanical Council's 2005 James A. Duke Botanical Literature Award, the Essential Guide to Herbal Safety offers a balanced and objective perspective on the principles of herbal medicine safety as well as the complex challenges relating to self-prescribed or professionally prescribed herbal medications and supplements. With contributions from leading international practitioners and authorities, it contains comprehensive reviews, in monograph format, of the published safety data for 125 common herbs. You'll also find coverage of issues of quality, interactions, adverse reactions, toxicity, allergy, contact sensitivity, and idiosyncratic reactions.
- Provides the most current information on safety issues in herbal medicine.
- Presents authoritative and credible safety information from two experienced herbal practitioners.
- Combines theoretical chapters with 125 well-researched monographs, making it the most thorough and comprehensive text on the market for herbal safety in practice.
- Provides clear information using the most current evidence-based reviews, covering factors that influence herb safety, including the negative placebo effects (nocebo), various types of unpredictable effects, the basis for interactions between herbs and drugs, and quality issues.
- Uses an established grading system for assessing safety in pregnancy and lactation that is realistic and appropriate to herb use.
- Thoroughly critiques the dominant misinformation in the media and medical journals on herb safety issues.
- Contains 83 documented case studies on hepatoxicity and the effects in relation to kava. Kava safety is a hot topic.
- Includes two useful appendices detailing herbal references for pregnancy and lactation considerations.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.