The Routledge Concise History of World Literature (Routledge Concise Histories of Literature)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $26.55
as of 9/22/2014 06:53 EDT details
- You Save: $7.40 (22%)
- Sales Rank:1,821,085
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 5.9 x 0.8
- Publication Date:December 9, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This remarkably broad and informative book offers an introduction to and overview of World Literature. Tracing the term from its earliest roots and situating it within a number of relevant contexts from postcolonialism to postmodernism, Theo D’haen examines:
- the return of the term "world literature" and its changing meaning
- Goethe’s concept of Weltliteratur and how this relates to current debates
- theories and theorists who have had an impact on world literature
- non-canonical and less-known literatures from around the globe
- the possibility and implications of a definition of world literature.
This book is the ideal guide to an increasingly popular and important term in literary studies. It is accessible and engaging and will be invaluable to students of world literature, comparative literature, translation and postcolonial studies and anyone with an interest in these or related topics.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.