Sports Coaching Package Brunel University: Research Methods for Sports Studies
- List Price:
- Buy New: $44.26
as of 12/19/2014 20:40 EST details
- You Save: $15.69 (26%)
- Sales Rank:330,590
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):6.1 x 0.7 x 9.2
- Publication Date:January 30, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
This comprehensive and accessible textbook offers a complete grounding in both qualitative and quantitative research methods for the sports studies student. The book offers the reader a step-by-step guide to the research process, from designing a research project, to collecting and analysing data, to reporting the research, all of which is richly illustrated with sport-related case-studies and examples. The book covers key topics such as:
- conceptual Models
- qualitative research methods
- choosing an appropriate research design
- undertaking a literature review
- the key research methods such as questionnaires, interviews, content analysis and ethnographic studies.
- analysing data, including an introduction to SPSS, as well as guides to descriptive and inferential statistics
- writing a research report
- the internet as a research tool
A much needed book with no competitor titles, this should be essential reading for all undergraduates in sports studies.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.