The Routledge Companion to Science Fiction (Routledge Companions)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $39.07
as of 5/22/2013 23:57 EDT details
- You Save: $12.88 (25%)
- Sales Rank:1,460,472
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.3
- Publication Date:March 18, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Routledge Companion to Science Fiction is a comprehensive overview of the history and study of science fiction. It outlines major writers, movements, and texts in the genre, established critical approaches and areas for future study.
Fifty-six entries by a team of renowned international contributors are divided into four parts which look, in turn, at:
- History - an integrated chronological narrative of the genre’s development
- Theory - detailed accounts of major theoretical approaches including feminism, Marxism, psychoanalysis, cultural studies, postcolonialism, posthumanism and utopian studies
- Issues and Challenges - anticipates future directions for study in areas as diverse as science studies, music, design, environmentalism, ethics and alterity
- Subgenres - a prismatic view of the genre, tracing themes and developments within specific subgenres
Bringing into dialogue the many perspectives on the genre, The Routledge Companion to Science Fiction is essential reading for anyone interested in the history and the future of science fiction and the way it is taught and studied.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.