Poetries and Sciences, A Reissue of Science and Poetry (1926, 1935) with Commentary
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.35
as of 10/1/2014 18:39 EDT details
- You Save: $5.60 (35%)
- Sales Rank:393,508
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):7.9 x 5 x 0.6
- Publication Date:October 17, 1972
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780393006520
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
The reissue of this essay is an important event. The controversy between the life of the imagination and the life of technology has never been as strong as it is today, and so Professor Richards’ observations are of special value.
Richards here offers anew the 1935 edition of his work (then entitled Science and Poetry
) with commentary that reveals not only the development of his own criticism but also the ways in which the relationship between the two disciplines has evolved. He has also written a new essay entitled “Re-Orientation” and has included, as another kind of commentary on the basic text, his essay “How Does a Poem Know When It Is Finished?”
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.