Discoveries and Opinions of Galileo
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.96
as of 3/7/2014 21:26 EST details
- You Save: $10.04 (67%)
- Sales Rank:94,041
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):8.1 x 5.2 x 0.8
- Publication Date:March 1, 1957
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 4x8 inches, 301 pages. paperback with portrait of Galileo
Directing his polemics against the pedantry of his time, Galileo, as his own popularizer, addressed his writings to contemporary laymen. His support of Copernican cosmology, against the Church's strong opposition, his development of a telescope, and his unorthodox opinions as a philosopher of science were the central concerns of his career and the subjects of four of his most important writings. Drake's introductory essay place them in their biographical and historical context.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.